Accommodation is one of your biggest expenses when going on a holiday and it’s something that is non-negotiable. Obviously, you’ll need a place to stay or home away from home while you’re travelling. However, there are some things that you can do to save money when booking your Gold Coast accommodation. Some of them are the following:
- Research and shop around. Researching and comparing Gold Coast accommodation rates weeks or even months before you go will save you a lot of money. So, list down the websites of your preferred hotels, apartments or holiday homes and monitor their prices. From time to time, they may offer specials or huge discounts that you can take advantage of.
- Travel with friends or family members. Obviously, travelling with companions is much cheaper compare to travelling alone as you can split the cost. For example, if you’re traveling with 4-6 people and you booked a $200 a night Gold Coast accommodation, you’ll end up paying just $33-$50/night.
- Book during off peak season. The number of tourists during a particular time of the year has direct impact on room rates. For example, a 2-bedroom apartment can cost $400 during peak season but you can get it for $200 during off peak season.
- Consider holiday homes. These are usually much cheaper compare to luxury hotels and they’re bigger so they can accommodate more people. For example, you can book a 4-bedroom holiday home at Auk Avenue in Burleigh Waters for as low as $275. This holiday home can accommodate 8-10 adults.
- Look for special promos. Be on the lookout for amazing accommodation specials that are being offered by different websites from time to time. For example, at HRSP.com.au, we have May 2012 promo where you can get a free accommodation for free if you stay on any Wednesday.
Looking to save on your Gold Coast accommodation? Then, there’s no better time for you to contact us at HRSP.com.au as we have special promos that will allow you to save up to $200 off your accommodation. Check our website for more information.